Sunday, February 12, 2012

Flash Back 2

Xian to Kunming

I traveled a lot by train; the average time I spent in one go was about 14 hours overnight sleeping in a bed that was a little to small for my height. This was the last train ride I took in China, and it was also the longest train ride I have ever taken anywhere. From beginning to end it took over 36 hours to complete.

Now you might be asking what someone does for 36 hours of constant motion, and confined spaces. Luckily I spent about half of the trip sleeping, a quarter of my time was spent staring out of the window looking at the ever changing passing country side. The last quarter was spent talking to people on the train, be it fellow travelers or native Chinese practicing English, or me practicing Mandarin.

No comments:

Post a Comment